This page describes additions or alterations to some of the gameplay or battle mechanics of the hypothetical games these projects would take place in.
Deafened is a volatile status condition. Deafened Pokémon are immune to moves with the "Sound-based" flag, just as if they had the abilities Cacophony or Soundproof. The condition usually lasts until the end of the next turn.
Deafening is caused by the move Ear Splitter.
Grudged is a volatile status condition affecting one of the afflicted Pokémon's moves. Grudged moves cannot be selected in battle. The condition lasts until the afflicted Pokémon is knocked out (and persists even if the afflicted Pokémon is switched out).
Grudge is caused by the move Grudge.
Weather, Field Effects, etc.
Miasma terrain envelops the battlefield in stifling, hazy air tainted with pollutants and germs. It makes the active Pokémon sick unless they have a high resistance to toxins or disease.
While miasma is the active terrain:
- All Pokémon on the ground (except Poison-types, Steel-types and Pokémon with Poison Heal, Immunity or Magic Guard) receive damage equal to 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn.
- Poisoned and badly poisoned Pokémon take double the normal amount of damage each turn. Poisoned Pokémon with Poison Heal recover double the normal amount of HP each turn.
- Poison-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground have their power increased by 1.5×.
- Changes Nature Power to Sludge Bomb, causes Secret Power to look like Smog and have a chance to poison the target, and causes Camouflage to change the user into a Poison-type.
Total darkness is a weather condition that surrounds the battlefield in a curtain of unnatural darkness so thick that even bright lights have difficulty shining through it.
While total darkness is the active weather condition:
- All Dark-type moves deal 1.5× their usual damage.
- Pokémon with Shadow Cloak have their Evasion increased by 1.25×.
- Pokémon with Shadow Dash have their Speed doubled.
- Blackout Wave skips its charge turn and does damage immediately.
- Solar Beam's damage is reduced by 50%.
- Weather Ball's base power doubles and its type changes to Dark. Castform's form does not change.
- Moonlight, Morning Sun and Synthesis heal only 25% of the user's maximum HP.
Twilight terrain summons mischievous spirits from beyond the grave to swirl around the active Pokémon and interfere with the battle.
While twilight is the active terrain:
- All Pokémon on the ground (except Ghost-types and Pokémon with Magic Guard) receive damage equal to 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn.
- Ghost-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground deal 1.5× their usual damage.
- Changes Nature Power to Shadow Ball, causes Secret Power to look like Shadow Sneak and have a chance to make the target flinch, and causes Camouflage to change the user into a Ghost-type.
Twilight terrain is caused by the move Twilight Terrain. It lasts for 5 turns.